RE: VG 6100 19VLup22

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 15:14:15 EDT

> 3) use a GO7 raster tube. Put up with difficult, possibly
> impossible convergance. Deal with a larger tube depth.

The convergence will be an issue no-matter since the yoke is off the
tube. You'll have to adjust static and dynamic convergence to whatever
replacement tube you use, but the GO7 did use the same CRT, so it should
be as good as original in theory anyway...

> 4) Some indication that the Disco monitor used a 19VLUP22 tube?
> Hey, when you deja-search you get all references to 19VLUP22 's!!!

I can say from experience that the Disco in I,Robot used a Philips tube.
The nice thing is that they're *really* nice tubes (and since most Disco
power supplies blew up early on, there's seldom any burn-in). The Disco
tube (at least in I,Robot) has the same neck connections as a GO7. I
used the existing deflection yoke from the Philips and frankensteined a
GO7 chassis on it (had to remove the plastic "collar" from around the
pins on the tube-- makes for some pretty nervous Dremmel-ing!). The
important stuff seems to be compatible-- heater, gun voltages, etc. I
dunno what the XY yoke would do though. (Might have trouble fitting the
pic on the screen or adjusting convergence?)

-Clay