Sega PS -- which plug is which ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 22:47:08 EDT

Finally dug up the schematics on spies (Looked under Star Trek, sega, and
G80 -- and it's under convertaCab. Of course).

One question remains. The power supply has two 10-pin headers (power in,
power out) and two four-pin headers (volume control, and speaker). However,
I can't find any P# markins on the PC board to say which is which.

Judging from the circuit, I'm guessing that the 10 pin on the end is power
in, and the one in the middle is power out. I'm clueless on the other 2:

  .... .... .......... ..........
  4 1 4 1 1 1 1 1
              0 0
                Vout? Vin?

I'ld be every so appreciative if someone could confirm which is which.

Also: The one piece of cable I seem to be missing is the one that connects
to the 10 pin Vout of the power supply. Looks like a simple pin for pin to
the card cage. It also looks like it goes to something else other than the
card cage, but I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what. I'm about to
spend some more time trying to devine where things go, but if someone could
give me a general description of what else this cable looks like (how many
ends, what kind of connector) it would be better then flying blind.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/