RE: Anyone need replacement DACs?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 15:23:10 EDT

A couple people have asked if these things are really hard enough to
find that it merits buy 100 at a pop from a broker...

As far as I know the answer is "yes". (Please correct me if I'm wrong,
I'm not tripping over myself to spend $1500+ on chips if someone knows
an easier/cheaper source! :-)

Hamilton Hallmark has AD561's in plastic DIP package for $34/each in qty
< 99. (Or ceramic DIP for ~$68)
Arrow has Am6012's in Ceramic DIP for $11.30/each in qty < 99

That might not make AM6012's at ~$7 worth it, but the AD561's seem like
a bear to find at any price.

I'm open to suggestions. (It's not like I'm dying to order anything
either, but I got curious this morning and started some people making
calls anyway...)

-Clay