WG color XY problem

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 00:56:01 EDT

I have a WG from a tempest giving me a problem. When I picked it up it had
blown the two X deflection amps, the two power transistors (Q102, 103) and
Fuse 700.

I replaced all the transistors (including the two Y for the fun of it) and
the fuse. The monitor powers up now and I can hear some deflection. But
Spot killer is on (though once and a while I get a picture which is all
scrunched up on one end of the monitor).

On the J700 the schematic says I should have -.03Vdc at pins 4 & 5 (goes to
the deflection coil). But I am getting -4.1Vdc.

I also had some low voltage oddeties (-27.7 was around -24) so I put in a
LV2000. This gets the right voltages to the inputs of Q705 & 706. But I
can't figure out where I am getting the extra nearly 4 V out of those two
deflection transistors.

Ideas?

Thanks,
David