DACs/PCB's/etc...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 14:59:06 EDT

Hi everyone,

Just a little update.

Looks like there's enough demand for the AD561 DACs for me to try to get
some. I'll see if this new broker-guy I've been talking to can get 'em
for under $8. If so, I'll pick up 100.

Interest in the AM6012's was relatively weak, so I'll pass on those.

I just fired off an order for some prototype PCB's. (It's actually one
big board with a bunch of projects on it.) In particular it includes:

CPU Get Well Kit (This got a little larger than I had hoped for, but
should be OK. 6502 version.)
Color Asteroids Mod (this is really quite tiny...)
Raster Monitor Tester (also really small-- 1.5"x2")
StarWars Display Corrector (cost reduced and re-designed, should work on
Major Havoc too)
Pacman 284/285 replacement (should work for both with different program
on chip)
some stuff for Williams Multigame
some non-game project stuff

Anyway, I should have the PCB's by Thursday, so over the weekend I'll be
tinkering with the various projects. Once the outputs are verified and
any bugs fixed I'll re-panelize the boards and order a production run.
I should have most of the above available in quantity in about 5 weeks.

-Clay

P.S. It looks like the Apex Microdevices PA45/46 will work for a
replacement vector deflection board. ;-)