Re: (Hopefully) simple Battle Zone problem

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 00:45:17 EDT

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Mitchell Rohde wrote:

> Hmmm... not to contradict a master, but does that make sense?
> Wouldn't "heat up" problems tend to indicate something in a
> component with a higher probability than a cold joint?

Didn't want to say it . . . :-)

I tried Al's suggestion first: Tried cold-spray on the deflection trans, and
the 2 on the HV cage. No effect.

I do suspect more the HV though than deflection. By powering on cold to a
test pattern, it's obivous that is grows in all directions fairly evenly.
Both directions COULD fail the same way I guess, but I doubt it.

Zanen kit is about $5. I'm tempted to just order the thing tomorrow, to have
some parts, and have it on it's way while I tighten all the solder joints,
probably tomorrow night.

I find it ironic that Tempest/Star Wars has FAQ's out the wazoo, but not
much really for the WG in Battle Zone. Is it that much more reliable ?

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/