Progress!

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 22:19:40 EDT

So I suppose I'm officially a nerd if I take a day off from work to work
on video-game projects, huh? :-)

Anyway, stayed home and "geeked-out". Got good news:

1) The new Display Corrector works (for Starwars/Major Havoc on WG
monitor)! I have four proto's to sell for $25 each plus $3 shipping.
Let me know if you want one. I'll order more, but they'll be at least 4
weeks out 'cause I'll have a "production" boardhouse make them. The
"real" ones will be $30 a pop.

2) The Pacman 284 (VRAM Addresser) board works! (still haven't finished
the code for the 285, but soon...) It's tiny. About 1.5"x2".

3) Did the layout for the AVG Controller replacement. I went with the
KISS principle and just made it out of TTL chips. The good news is that
it fit and routed on a pretty tiny board, so I think the price will be
closer to the low-end of my estimate. Probably $20 a pop assembled if I
can swing 100 of them...

4) Mark has been bugging me about some more of the Sega "Spinner"
interface boards, so I put that on the same PCB as the AVG controller
replacement. Let me know if you want any (they're $25 each, fully
assembled and tested). I'll do as many as people here ask for this
time, but that might be the end of them for a while. (so if you've been
waiting for one let me know now!)

Have a good weekend,
-Clay