RE: Dedicate Major Havoc rollers

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.com>
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 09:47:05 EDT

At 04:53 PM 10/20/98 -0400, you wrote:

> Machining the roller from a round piece of plastic stock is an easy
> thing to do. Could someone with one of these take a few pics and
> make a few measurments? the next step (before actually making one)
> is to figure our what type of plastic/material to use. Teflon?

The roller is 2 1/2" in diameter and 2 1/16" long. The top and bottom
circumferences of the cylinder are slightly beveled. I compared parts to
one of the track balls on my Marble Madness. The opto board is the same
and so are the bearings. I was hoping the roller shafts were the same but
they isn't. They are about 3/8" longer on the roller than the trackball.

--
Christopher V. Moore -- Principal Engineeer
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891 -- www.heartlab.com