RE: 45 degree angle prob (was Re: Testing a G-08 color vector mon itor)

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 09:56:31 EST

> On Oct 26, 7:39pm, sickgear@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>>> Subject: Re: Testing a G-08 color vector monitor
>>> On 10/26/98 13:07:12 you wrote:
>>>
>>><snip>
>>>
>>> Anybody know why all the vectors would be drawn at a 45 degree angle
(which
>decreases as the game
>>> warms up... about 20 minutes and all the vectors are about flat)?
That's the final problem I
>have
>>> w/mine, and I can't figure it out. Everything is in the right place
(vert.and horiz deflection)
>>> just... flat. :(

>>Sounds like the XY pair in the card cage are messed up.

>Unfortunately not. I have another XY pair and I get the same problem...
I'm pretty sure it's
>deflection board related but I can't find it...

 It's possible that it's due to a failure of the 'pincushion' correction
chip, that custom IC on the G08's deflection PCB. I don't have the
schematics handy but it seems to be the only place where the X and Y
axis' are cross linked. Give it a shot of freeze spray after the problem
goes away and see if it makes any difference.

Dave Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   dfish AT bev.etn.com (work) | By hook or by crook we will"
   fishd AT pop.tiac.net (/work) | _The Prisoner_