Please help with Quantum board troubles

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 10:50:16 EST

     I'm really having trouble tryng to fix my Quantum board, and hate to
bother you all with this, but I thought you might be able to help. Here are
the symptoms:

     Spot killer kicks on when "Quantum" is being drawn on the screen in
attract mode. Spot killer goes out, and the screen looks crooked - allmost
like somebody stretched it diagonally. Letters and drawings look diagonal -
from upper left to lower right. (Remember, Quantum is a verticle monitor
game). Picture occasionally jumps vertically (I'm thinking just the "x size"
pot is doing this) but the game is really unplayable picture wise. Everything
coins up and sounds as normal. So, I start replacing dacs.
     I've replaced both AM6012's, an MC1495, the DAC08-CN, and both LF13201's.
I still have the same problem.
     I did realize one thing - that deflection board (Amplifone) that I'm now
using is missing blue. I checked my blue signal input at the monitor connector
- it seems good and looks just like the other red and green signals with my
meter set to AC. I'm thinkning this is just the defl. board - adjusting the
blue bias and drive has no effect. I might play with the other deflection
board (spot killer stays on) because I know it was getting all colors.
      Please help if you can, I'm really stuck on this one. I'ts very hard to
see if I have an AVG problem with the scope because I'm getting an x and y
signal that look good.

Thanks Very Much,
Michael Kelley