Re: Exidy Vertigo

From: Al Kossow <aek_at_spies.com>
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 11:38:15 EST

"How many of these exist, who has one, and how did they
pull that off? I'm curious as hell now - unexploited
retrotechnology ;)
"

I really should scan in the 'service manual' (such as it is)
for Vertigo; it looks like the photo that Dan has is from a
prototype, since the game described in the manual could move
up and down.

The hardware is pretty complicated (unfortunately, there are
no schematics in the manual). It has a 68000 and a 2901 bit
slice processor (I assume it was their vector processor)

Someone out here has one; I saw one in a surplus store two
years ago, and didn't get it because of its size (and I didn't
know at the time it was a vector game).