Re: HELP:WG color vector troubleshooting

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 23:18:13 EST

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:36:22 -0500, you wrote:

>I recently picked up a Space Duel with a non-working WG color vector monitor
>(rev. P32x boards). Inspection of the monitor revealed R100/R102 completely
>cooked and one of the diodes in the bridge rectifier shorted. I decided to
>take the shotgun approach and just installed a Get Well Kit,an LV2000 and
>all new bridge rectifier diodes, but it seems the problem may still exist.

        Ohhhh, noooooo... don't _say_ that! You're describing the same
problems mine has (except the shorted B-R diode) and I was planning to cure
it the same way... :)

"An Academic speculated whether a bather is beautiful if there is none
 in the forest to admire her. He hid in the bushes to find out, which
 vitiated his premise but made him happy.
 Moral: Empiricism is more fun than speculation." -- Sam Weber
solarfox@DON'TMESSWITHtexas.net (Gary Akins jr.)