Re: Question for parts locating gurus: Tempest

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 16:03:25 EST

On Nov 9, 10:27am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: RE: Question for parts locating gurus: Tempest
> > 12.096 crystal

Ok, I did find this in the Mouser catalog.

> > MC1495
> >
> I have these, but I charge $2.50 a pop for 'em. They can be had from
> Hamilton Hallmark (or was it Arrow?) for $1.25 each plus shipping and
> minimums.

100% markup, Clay? Who can resist that! ;-)

> > ER2055 (Tempest EEPROM)
> >
> Rare. I usually just look on old PCB's and get lucky once in a while
> finding one... Should probably make a replacement for these... I think
> Centipede and Millipede might have used them as well.

One of the Tempest boards had something like an N?7055 chip in it's
place...maybe they're compatible, but more common. I don't know.

> > 4015 (RAM I think; not for Tempest)
> >
> Huh. What's it off of? A 4015 is a CMOS shift register or something I
> think. Maybe it's a 2015 or 2115 equivalent?

My Monster Bash video board has a bunch of socketed devices labeled 4015, so I
assumed they were RAM chips...I don't have the schematics for Monster Bash, but
when these chips heat up, the video starts to freak out.

> > 6502A CPU
> >
> JDR should have those for about $4 a pop plus shipping. I've got a
> bunch of CMOS ones for $5 each. (Tested on Space Duel-- work fine)

www.jdr.com. I requested a catalong.

Thanks to all for your help!

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL