Re: To replace or not to replace (was: LV2000 demands)

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 18:51:19 EST

> Yes, luck could factor in.

I doubt it.. not with the thousands of hours I have on 12 monitors.. Joe
fixes his monitors the EXACT same way I do and he gets the same results..

> You know it is interesting how this whole discussion got started. I am
> baffled by the animosity towards the LV2000, albeit the nay-say croud is small.
> What's next? Will you all be calling Clay out on say his AVG replacement?
> After all it's a similar hack to mine since it replaces something that's
> already there.

There is no animosity towards the LV2K.. I dont have a problem with it at
all.. it is a great little device for many people. If I was going to buy
into it I'd drop $400 and I'd install them all into already working games.
why should I do that? besides, if I did buy into it you really have to do
all or nothing.. it just wouldn't make sense to do half that games.. the
LV2K just doesnt work for me.. The thing now is that most people never
even try to run a normal WG, they LV it right away.. if you fix it right
it will work right. But the LV will only improve the monitor.. for a
price that isn't worth it FOR ME.

Yeah thats it Anders, I'm just sit here and attack what you say for no
reason.. I dont really have a point.. If you had thousands of hours on 12
monitors with no failures, would you just drop all that money into them
even though they worked fine? Didnt think so.. I'm sure I could use a few
AVG controllers, because it will be replacing something that doesn't work,
I cant repair an IC. And I REALLY like the idea of the CPU get well kit.
I could use a few of those for sure.. Clay are you going to make one for
I,Robot?

Jeff