Free FPGA design tools...

From: Heinz Seltmann <heinz_at_dctcorp.com>
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 09:17:44 EDT

Since there has been some discussion about doing things with
FPGA's I thought that this might be interesting to some folks. I just
found out that Atmel is offering their FPGA design tools for free to
promote their new AT40K parts. These parts have improved routing,
internal SRAM, and multiple clock inputs.
You just have to go to their web site at www.atmel.com in order to get
them. The parts themselves have a typical per unit price. The small
parts run about $20 or so. The bad news is that you have to buy 16 or
so if you order from www.marshall.com. The good news is that the design
tools come with a front end verilog/VHDL to back-end synthesis tool. I
don't know how good this tool is but its free.

I work for atmel but this in no way helps me since I work in a different
division.

Heinz