RE: Fluke 9100 vs 9010

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Sun Dec 20 1998 - 14:27:39 EST

> Fluke 9010

Looks like an Atari 800. Has about a 24 character FD display. You can
see mine in a picture at: http://www.e-volve.net/~clay/bench.jpg

> and a Fluke 9100

This is a larger white box with a flip-down keyboard. It has a full CRT
display and runs HPUX (HP's UNIX) as a kernal. There's an internal HD.
It uses the same test pods as the 9010A. You can get a full ASCII
keyboard for it for programming. I had one for a while and sold it to
Cris Rhea (if I recall correctly). I actually like the 9010A better--
seems a lot easier to run, and albeit a little slower I like not having
the HD in something. One less thing to die and cost big $$$ to replace.

The 9100 would be better hands-down if you were wanting to do stuff on
16 bit processors. 68K, x86, etc. I really like the 9010A for old game
stuff though.

-Clay