Re: Tech: Asteroids Deluxe => Asteroids (almost got it)

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_Agouron.COM>
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 12:31:43 EST

John Robertson wrote:

> Joe, you need to reverse the wires going to the YOKE on the monitor. Get
> out your ohmmeter and find the two pairs of wires (one for the Hor., one
> pair for the Vert.) and reverse ONE pair and see what happens. You can
> remove the pins with atiny screwdriver that is inserted into the slot
> holdinghte pin, press gently and pull the pin out. Do not overforce or
> you will either break the pin or the wire...

This is odd. I thought Atari was clever to have the monitor and wiring
harness wired as appropriate to the cabinet, not the game.

In other words, when I pop my Asteroids Deluxe into my dedicated
Asteroids, the image shows up properly. That is, the polarity of the
video output from the PCBs is the same.

Regardless, pins 16 and 19 are what you need to orient the display
properly. If you ground the pin, it will flip the display. Don't wire
it through on your adapter. Float these pins and experiment with ground
them to a ground pin.

I strongly suggest not messing with the yoke wiring unless you
absolutely have to.

Ray