Re: Color Vector Monitors

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Tue Dec 29 1998 - 22:46:09 EST

They are getting harder and harder to find. With all of the engineers
that frequent this group, I would have thought that they would have
developed a new one. I know Clay Cowgill has some info on his page
about it, and I believe if anyone could pull it off, he could. That
would be the very best project (IMHO) that the people of this list could
do. It would put an end to the need for affordable Amplifone HV
Transformers and LV2000s (sorry guys, not ment to offend, it's a great
product, your product is worth the small amount you charge for it). If
I knew more about electronics, I would work on it, but I don't. It
would take me 10 years to even understand the basics. If I had my New
Years wish, it would be for a brand new <$300 vector monitor. My Star
Wars would love it!

-Al-

Jim Sulzer wrote:

> All,
>
> Is there a source for color vector monitors anywhere on the planet?
>
> After perusing the newsgroups & web for several months now, I'm
> getting the impression that no companies are manufacturing color
> vector monitors anymore and that the used ones are getting harder
> and harder to find. I'm just getting into arcade machine collecting
> and have found a Space Duel w/out monitor and I would love to put a
> decent monitor back into it.
>
> Is my impression wrong?
>
> Thanks for any assistance!
>
> Jim

-=               Al Warner batlzone@cyberenet.net                    =-
-= Owner of "Magic Sword", "AmeriDarts", "Stargate", "MultiPac",     =-
-= "Frogger", "Battlezone", "Star Wars", "Empire Strikes Back",      =-
-= "Dig Dug" and "Gyruss" arcade video games and "Doctor Who" & "The =-
-= Simpsons" Pinball.  Learn how to install a Cap Kit in your video  =-
-= game's monitor and see some of these games on my web page at:     =-
-=               http://www.cyberenet.net/~batlzone                  =-