Re: Logic Analyzers....

From: TomW <twisnion_at_enteract.com>
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 15:53:41 EST

Joel,
  Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning to the Tek1240 right now, only because I
can get it complete
with all the CPU support pods, but it appears to be a big ticket item right
now, they want 350 for the
base mainframe, then I need from what I can tell, a Single D1 or D2 card,
plus the supportoptions
for each CPU, then the pods on top of that. I was hoping for initially,
6502,Z80 support to get started with.
The grand total for all the toys I wanted, exceed 1500$, too rich for me
right now (rather buy a Pin or a
Nice Vector Vid!!!) So, I figure I'd try to find a decent 1240 with 1/2 the
options, then I'd buy the processor
support modules from a used equip dealer or something... Does HP have spec's
for the 1630 series online
somewhere that I can drool over to compare it with the Tek ?? I'm having a
hard time digging up info on this
old stuff, ya'd think it would be pretty easy....

TomW