Re: Color Vector Monitors

From: Roger Michael Preston <rpreston_at_cape.com>
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 16:06:35 EST

Al Kossow wrote:

> "Where do I send a check??"
>
> what if they end up costing $700 each to make

Well then, all of us out here in dire need would simply have to save up
longer to buy them.
Speaking for myself, I only have 5 vector games, and I'm only planning
on getting one or two
more, so I could save up the money in the long run. $700.00 per, would
be about my limit.
though.

I've also been perusing this and other newsgroups, as well as dozens of
websites, and I, too, get
the feeling that there is a market for new vector color monitors (with,
hopefully, modern
electronics) that would be much more robust and reliable than the
original ones. I would prefer
the original 19" size.

I think there are a lot of people out there who either, a) can't fix old
vector monitors, or b), like
myself, have had limited success fixing them. I'm only getting a 50%
success rate on fixing them
(with Zanen kits, LV2000's, etc.) because I lack the necessary finesse,
so I'm told (or patience,
perhaps).

Someone who sold new ones may not get rich, but they may do pretty
well. Where do I
send the check(s)? ;-)

-rmp