RE: Startech Journal Back Issues?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 15:03:21 EST

I haven't seen their license agreement specifically, but as a general
rule they're usually a "single user" license. No more than one person
can be using any given copy at a time. So, if I were to buy it, copy
the whole thing to my laptop, copy it to my desktop at home, copy it to
the programmer in the garage, and put it on my PC at work I'm still
legal as long as there's only one running at a time. Doesn't have to be
me using it, as long as there's only one copy in use. If I give the CD
to someone else I need to transfer that license to them and delete all
the copies I have.

-Clay

P.S. I wonder if they had a clause for article submissions that they
"become the property of Startech journal" or whatever... Be kinda funny
if StarTech journal technically owns all Atari's (and whoever elses)
service bulletins . We've probably all already violated their
copyrights... ;-)