Re: Asteroids Deluxe board - help find short, please...

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 04:22:39 EST

I just took a look at the audio/regulator board schematics and the
only 10 ohm resistors I see (that have anything to do with power)
are between the ground and -sense and between the +5 and +sense.
If one of THOSE are getting hot you have a bad connection on the
respective power line.

For example, say R26 (+5 to +sense) is running hot. This would
signal a bad connection between the +5 output and the +5 buss on
the gameboard. Almost guaranteed to be a connector problem.

R25 is the same thing, but on the ground line.

Look for bad solder on the audio/regulator connector and for bad
connections at the game board connector (burnt/dirty edge connector
contacts).