RE: Multi cabinet control panel routing

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 20:04:23 EST

> > The Atmel development kit with a circuitboard/programmer and
> software
> > (assembler, programmer, simulator) is only $49. At the AT90S4414 in
> > singles is only about $6.75 (sub $5 in 100's from distribution).
> And
> > you can just program it in assembly, or IAR has a demo
> > version of their
> > C compiler you can use for free for up to 256 bytes of object code
> (or
> > something like that)...
>
> Where did you see this kit for $49? I have looked around and havn't
> found
> it yet.

www.atmel.com There's a banner in the middle of the page. I was
talking to our Atmel FAE a couple days ago and it sounds like they have
two new AVR development kits coming out. (One for the little parts
(2313, 1200, 2343) and one for the bigger MegaAVR's.) The one on the
website looks like the same one I have.

> And who is IAR? I prefer C if at all possible.

They make C assemblers and development environments for all sorts of
embedded processors. I have their AVR C Compiler demo CD-- nice. They
actually let you build up to 2K of code. (More than the little 20 pin
AVR's have room for anyway.) The compiler seems pretty smart. You can
view the output in assembler format with their "c-spy"
debugger/simulator. It does some clever things. I've been using it for
ideas how to crunch my assembler code for a non-game project I've been
busy with. (Write the routine in C and look at the assembler and see if
it did better than I did.)

You should be able to get to IAR from the Atmel page, or just search
Yahoo for them.

-Clay