Re: Arcade Helper Page Updated

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 06:25:21 EST

Be careful guys, there is a PROM/EPROM programmer selling
cheap on Ebay and it looks to be in excellent shape.

HOWEVER, I have one of these, so I'll warn you about it.

It is OLD, processor is either a 4004 or a 4040. "Personality
modules" are 1702 EPROMs. Almost every chip in this thing
is obsolete! Prolog has long since left the programmer business,
so forget any chance of support.

On the plus side, it is BUILT! They were serious when they
designed this. But although it will handle PROMs and even
EPROMs up to 2716s (don't think it will handle anything
larger, but maybe it will do 2732s) it requires that you have
the adapter for each family of chip. It will handle entry by
keyboard or through RS-232 (if you can figure out the transfer
protocols). It even has a switch on the PROM fixture to
reverse the data (0 becomes 1, 1 becomes 0), a handy thing
for putting Nintendo boards in non-Nintendo games and
vice-versa. You just flip the data in the color PROMs to
invert the image.

It is at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=55914623
you have been warned.

(Damn fine museum piece, though).