RE: 65C02 timing

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 18:23:48 EST

> Yea. I found this site the other day. Caveat is that these are
> reusable
> cores. Timing is different than original 6502/6502A.
> Would be cool to get the synthesizable RTL and then just make one ASIC
> with
> all the old games on it! WD IP license price is probably too steep for
> me
> though ;-)

And the mask charge bites too. :-( (Chip Express will do them in
lasered gate-arrays though. Still spendy, but cool. ;-)

Still though, an 80MHz 6502 would be pretty fun to play with. Kawasaki
LSI is making Z-80's in the 40MHz clock range (and with the flip of a
bit they switch to somekind of pipelining mode to get more instructions
per clock).

Would be kinda neat to have a faster (compatible) 6502 on the CPU Get
Well card with fast memory and be able to make new games with greater
capabilities. (Staying within vector generator and sound constraints...)
Kinda like Al's 65816 idea... Might need a clock stretcher to talk to
the external memory areas, but that's not too hard...

-Clay