RE: Alien Invader?

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 17:19:31 EST

G'day Al (and all),

My memory matches the KLOV description, but I'm sure Alien Invaders was NOT
vector. KLOV needs to be corrected.

While KLOV is mostly fed by new games in VAPS at this point, it is quite
conceivable that an owner misclicks while filling out an entry. The KLOV
keeper may catch the error (and Brian is one of the best suited for this
task), but otherwise other KLOV users will have to catch it as Al did.

There's been some discussion of an "audit" as we have in VAPS, but this may
be more difficult for game descriptions. There are 950+ games in KLOV but
only 750+ games in VAPS. Some VAPS members have left and taken the only
instance of a game leaving only their description in KLOV.

                Steve Ozdemir
                ozdemir@xenon.stanford.edu

ps - Some KLOV descriptions are volunteered by non-owners, but I've always
discouraged this since memories about specific details often are vague. The
KLOV instructions explicitly discourage "guessing".