Spinner problem w/Major Havoc & Tempest adapter

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 16:41:31 EST

Hi Folks,

  I'm in the process of testing a couple of Major Havoc boards
with the Tempest/MH adapter but having problems getting the
spinner to respond. The test screen shows the test value only
flickering between two numbers. My scope shows that the DIR
and CLK signals going into the custom spinner IC don't act
like TTL level signals at all. Both boards act the same in
two different Tempest cab's so I get the feeling that something
is being missed. Has anyone else run into this problem before?
I vaguely recall mention of a component change (resistor?) to
correct this. Anyone else?

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.net | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_