Re: Spinner problem w/Major Havoc & Tempest adapter

From: Jess Askey (At Work ;-) <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 12:26:31 EST

Sounds like maybe your "LETA" (Trackball Interface Custom IC) is maybe
having thermal probs.
There really isn't much else that it could be since the spinner goes
directly into that IC and
only has small noise caps to ground and some helper resistors between
ground and +5V. I doubt that
the CPU is having problems reading the LETA or else your game would most
likely crash as well.
Even tho they are custom IC's, they are used on Crystal Castle and I
think Millipede boards.