Re: Tech:Asteroids

From: TomW <twisnion_at_enteract.com>
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 16:48:18 EST

>The brightness of the crosshatch is set lower than most objects in the
>game. It's possible the monitor brightness was just too low--
>particularly if it looks OK on a scope.

NonExistant on the scope...

>As a long shot-- the cross hatch and all the diagnostic screen stuff
>lives in the very beginning of the vector ROM.

That was my thought, so I put in one of my test roms, no show, I then
blasted a new one just in case... No good. :-(

I've been using a 100mhz scope, I would have thought would have seen
at least a persistance trace, but no.. But then again if I isolate it, it
crashes
so I must be doing something..

BTW: I did but the bugger on the fluke9010 and compared it with a known
good board, and she passes just fine.. so its got to be in the vector
generator section somewhere.... Hum... I wonder If I can write a
test pattern thats simple to exercise each line.... Anyone ever mess with
coding on the 9010 ?

TomW