RE: Tech -- XY and scopes...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 16:40:44 EST

> Question for you gurus: when using a scope to debug a vector game,
> what voltage ranges do you typically expect for the X,Y,Z on common
> games... Asteroids, Battelzone, etc...

No more than about 28V peak to peak (x/y), considerably less when it's
running correctly. I'll WAG it at about -10/+10V horizontal, maybe
-8/+8V vertical. I think I use a 2V range on my scope and Asteroids
just about fills the screen.

Z is in the 2-4V DC range I think.

> DC offset?

Generally not on the older B/W stuff, although that does effectively
provide a centering control...

-Clay