Re: Black Widow, how can you tell if it's dedicated?

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 11:36:38 EST

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 JOE.MAGIERA@a1il.ameritech.com wrote:

> How can you tell if a Black Widow is a dedicated or a conversion? Is the
> side art the same as Gravitar? Any other differences/clues/hints? Please
> let me know. Thanks,

        Easy: It's a conversion. Period.

        Some operators got lazy and didn't even switch the side art,
but even if they did, it was still a field conversion for Gravitar.

        I've heard people claiming to have "factory" conversions, but
I haven't seen/heard of any proof that there actually were factory
conversions. I guess there's no reason why there wouldn't have been,
but I don't know of any way to tell them apart.

Joe