Re: Lunar Lander on Asteroids. :-)

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_Agouron.COM>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 14:25:14 EST

> Anyone an expert on LL software versions? Seems that one version allows
> the lander to rotate 360 degrees, where the other allows only 180? Or
> did I select a different level or something that allows you 360 degree
> control?

I brought up LL on MAME the other day and was surprised that I couldn't
rotate 360 degrees. I did not try both ROM versions in MAME. I could
swear that with my real LL board I've done the "fly up as high as you
can before you get bored, turn it upside down, and full throttle into
the lunar landscape" think (yes it is fun when you don't have to pump in
quarters ;-)

As for Ast Dlx, didn't the Ast Dlx board set run at a higher clock
rate? (1.5MHz vs 1MHz) May not play well on an Asteroids PCB (you may
have to normalize the games to an Ast Dlx PCB)

Ray