Re: Lunar Lander on Asteroids. :-)

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_Agouron.COM>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 20:18:23 EST

> There's some neat ideas for Asteroids "patches" floating around too--
> rapid fire, smart-bomb instead of hyperspace, etc.

I got one! Analog thrust for Asteroids (solves the thrust/button thing
with LL/Ast) I always wanted more control with thrust. Max thrust
could be a lot more aggressive than the current thrust accelleration.

Also, it'd be fun to tinker with Gorf-line shooting: fire 4 shots, when
you fire a 5th one, the 1st shot disappears. It would change game play
quite a bit (you'll always have shots to protect yourself), but I have
no idea for the better or for the worse.

Similarly, give the saucers the same number of shots that you have.

Of course, suggestions are easy for folks like Mark Jenison and me since
we don't think in assembler ;-)

Ray