Re: more vector items on ebay...

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 10:28:29 EST

It's all based on the purpose of the list. It was decided that this forem is
for the discussion of Vector related items. Usually a technical discussions.
The rule was that there was to be no posts related to commerce as it detracts
from the purpose of the list. It was later modified to state that if there
was a discount or a list exclusive offering that it would be tolerated, but
not to the point of excess. It's just the matter of the purpose of the list
and to NOT make it into another USENET commerce section. Personally, I like
it this way (as do the people that really read/use it).

-Al-

"Miranda K. Collins" wrote:

> Oh... Yes I missed that. Sorry.
> ummm...why was that decided? I would think that notifing list members of
> vector items for sale or auction whether or not there was a discount would
> be appropriate. I almost never look for things on usenet. I really do
> apologize though.
>
> Miranda
>
> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Al Kossow wrote:
>
> > perhaps you missed the discussion about appropriate
> > postings here a while back.
> >
> > it was decided for sales were ok here if there was
> > some discount offer to list members.

-=               Al Warner batlzone@cyberenet.net                    =-
-= Learn how to install a Cap Kit in your video game's monitor and   =-
-= see a whole lot more on my web page at:                           =-
-=               http://www.cyberenet.net/~batlzone                  =-