Please help with Amplifone HV board troubles

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 10:46:42 EST

Hello,

     I've got an Amplifone HV board that is blowing 7824's, and I can't figure
out why. HV transformer is testing good out of curcuit on my Dick Smith LOPT
tester - I'm getting great rings from 1-9 on the primary (orange to red on the
WinTron), and good rings on the secondary 4-8 (yellow to green on the
Wintron). I've looked at all my solder joints, checked all electrolytic caps,
all diodes, replaced both 3904's, and even replaced the SCR on the HV
overvoltage curcuit. I don't know what to do next. Any help would be
appreciated. P.S. What the hell does the MCI (Magnetic correction) do?

Thanks Very Much,
Michael Kelley