Re: Asteroids sound in Deluxe CT??

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 13:28:27 EST

In a message dated 2/23/99 11:36:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, ray@Agouron.COM
writes:

<< You can either hack the A/R board or you can replace a single resistor
 on the Asteroids board (go from a unity gain to a 10x gain on the last
 output stage). I don't have the schematics handy, but compare the audio
 output stage on the PCB for AD and Ast, and the resistor to be changed
 should be obvious.

 I modified the A/R board to adjust for the gain because I didn't want to
 modify the game PCB (I've always bitched about operator hacks that have
 mucked up boards I was trying to fix, and didn't want folks to bitch
 about me ;-)

I agree 100% about modding the audio reg instead of the Asteroids board. I'll
look at the schems, and try to find the resistor. Thanks for the info!

MK