Re: Looking for Kurz Kash test unit

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 15:00:25 EST

The KK is just a power supply, some knobs and buttons, and connectors.
there isn't any circuitry inside it and if you just wanted to use the
exercisor you probably dont even need the KK unit itself, you could just
get the card and hook it up to a PS. The cards are still hard to find, but
probably easier than a cine exerciser..

I have a KK with a couple hundred cards and it used to have 2 of the cine
exercisers (309AC).. but naturally I am missing both of the 309C cards. I
do have 2 309A cards though, but they are useless. the C card is where the
exercisor board actually is, it plugs into the card edge connector where
the board you are testing normally plugs in. The A card just maps the
C connector's power pins to the exerciser (the A card doesnt have any
components on it). Your best bet is to post to RGVAC. I did a few months
back and the only response I got was from Dvegro, and he didn't have a
309C either. If you find 2 390Cs let me know :)

Its the best unit you can have for
testing B/W games, it wasn't made to support color or vector monitors or
boards without card edge connectors so the test cards can get really wacky
for those games.. the Star Trek and the Qix ones are really messy..

Jeff