Lunar Lander Progress!

From: <mike_ranger_at_dofasco.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 09:23:53 EST

Well, thank you all for your input. Things are coming along well.

I decided to reburn the two eproms in question, noting that after my last
post, I do not have the language chip.
So I fired up my data I/O 29B (I love that burner) fried them up, and cut
pin 1 of L6 (DMAGO). I did the cut to isolate the state machine, as per
Paul's artical in the vector troubleshooting page Jess assembled from old
post's.

No more watchdog. Woo Hoo.

Tried shorting the pin 1 back (DMAGO) and watchdog started again. This was
a red herring, as when I actually put it back in the circuit properly, there
is no watchdog, and there is plenty of activity heading into the DAC's.

Note at this point, I only have 5 volts feeding the board, so the DAC's are
idle.

So then I took my Tempest transformer, hooked up my Black widow harness to
my spare Audio Reg 2 and flick the switch. The two LED's on the audio reg
came....Wait a second, thase are not LED's, they are only Diodes. They just
happen to be emitting light! Kill the power (on for less than 2 seconds)
but not before the trace heading to D4 from Q2 goes up in smoke.

So I have a little work to do before I can power to the DAC's, Or I can just
use the 36 VAC from the xformer and 5 volts from my switcher, and bypass the
audio reg board for now. I would however like to get the AR II going so I
have an amplifier to check out sounds properly.

I Love this stuff.

Mike