Re: Gold Asteroids?

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 21:29:54 EST

Al Kossow wrote:

> "I was looking at Jess Askey's Asteroids page and saw the comment about "Gold
> Asteroids". Didn't someone ask about this on the net in the last few months?
> "
>
> If someone has Atari "Coin Connection" handy, I'm pretty sure they produced
> a small number of 'gold' units when they reached some huge number produced

According to a hardware designer that I had talked to, they made about
10 or so. They were to commerate the 50,000th Asteroids game off the
line. Al had scanned in a bunch of Coin Connections which I still have
to post, I will try and get that done this week sometime. If you can get
a picture of the glass I can ask Howard Delman ( I think that was his
name) if it looks right to be a 'gold' edition.