Re: OK -- LAST Raster Question :-)

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 14:33:22 EST

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:04:15 -0800 , "David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech)"
<a-dashoe@microsoft.com> wrote:

>> Oh yeah, for what it's worth, there is also a Joystick option
>> in Tailgunner.
>> Sucks big time.
>
>?????
>
>Tailguner without a joystick? I never saw one that didn't have a stick.
>But then I only saw the cockpit version.
>
>Now if I could just find one again, I would love to have one of these.

Yeah, me too!

My original statement wasn't very clear, it was late.

What I meant to say was: Tailgunner also had a DIGITAL joystick option as
opposed to the analog joystick that was shipped with every game.

I don't think the option was ever used in manufacturing, but it is there.

Instead of moving the analog joystick directly over the on coming enemy ships,
you pressed the digital joystick in the direction of the oncoming ship and the
crosshair took it sweet time heading in one of the 8 directions available on a
digital joystick. Much like StarHawk without the speed controls. It really
sucks (I've only played with it using the emulator, there's an option in the
.INI file that allows you to use the numeric keypad as the digital joystick. I
haven't actually hacked a Tailgunner.)

-Zonn