Tempest/Vortex goings on...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 20:37:39 EDT

Hey all,

Just a little status update on the Aliens/Vortex/Tempest multigame:

I worked on the prototype multigame boards last week and after working
some more this weekend I have the main daughtercard fully operational
now. (Granted it takes a Fluke 9010 to switch games at the moment, but
that's easily solved by a Small Matter Of Programming. ;-)

I need to revise the prototype-- (missed a clock signal from the main
board), but as long as the software menu stuff works OK (sometime this
week) I'll do one more quick-turn prototype and then go to production.
Production boards take about four weeks, so sometime around the 10th of
May or so the kits should be ready. I'll do manuals and software during
the four-week lead on boards. Demand was sufficient that I'll do full
soldermasked boards with silkscreen and whatnot. (Basically just like
the MultiPac.)

I'll set-up some way to take pre-paid orders at a reduced price probably
around the last week of April with a cut-off of May 10th. After that
the kit will revert to some other (higher) price.

-Clay

(Non-vector related-- I also worked on the Exidy Shooter Multigame a
bit. Looks like I'll support 8 games: Crossbow, Cheyenne, Combat,
Chiller, HitNMiss, Clay Pigeon, Whodunit, and uhhhhh... The 8th one.
Not Top Secret or Showdown. I'm going to try to hack in a Nintendo
"Zapper" from the NES sometime in the not-too-distant future to use as a
gun-- should be interesting. If any of you understand the "collision"
bit in the Exidy 440 system graphics subsystem please drop me an
e-mail... :-)