Re: Survey: vector artwork differences

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 04:42:01 EDT

There are a LOT of differences in tempest side art.. when I was 18 (not
too long ago :) I part timed for an operator and he had about
12 tempests in the warehouse.. I lined a few of them up as I was cleaning
up and I noticed every one had different side art, marquees and control
panels. The oddest one was serial #8. the tube lines in the side art did
not extend into the lower half of the cabinet (below the black line) also
there was only purple highlights on the lines instead of the usual pink
and purple. the control panel on it looked just like the regular art but
there was no blue, anything in blue on the regular panel just wasn't
there. Yes I tried to get that cab :>

The main difference you see on tempest cab side art is the black line in
the middle of the side art. sometimes the black extends all the way to the
edges of the cab, sometimes it doesnt, sometimes is is totally surrounded
by the red border, sometimes not.. Sometimes the red border is not
even there. I've seen a few combinations I've kept an eye out for
tempest art after I first noticed all the differences.. also I've seena
few different color combinations on the tube lines..

I's say there is probably at least 6 revs of the side art.. not including
stupid little stuff like the color of the tube line highlights which is
probably just an ink change because a certain color ink costed less..

Also the marquee comes in 2 flavors, the earlier tempests have the letters
in "tempest" shaded in with colors, later ones (say after about serial
#9k) have solid purple letters. I think all the cabarets have solid purple
letters?

I think everyone should take a pic of their tempest side art and send it
to to mark :> There are probably at least 50 tempests available from this
list.. I was gonna make up an artwork page for tempest back back when I
first fired up my site a couple years ago (the last time I updated it :)
..but ran out of space and time.. what a suprise.

Jeff