Re: Survey: vector artwork differences

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 01:20:04 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/99 12:47:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mayday19@idt.net
writes:

<< At any rate that knob will not be original.. keep in mind
 these games were not in any of our hands until after they got years of
 use.. anything could happen including knobs breaking and getting swapped
 with different ones.. If your tempest has a different knob it is not
 original, Atari didnt use a new knob until the Space duel kit for MH (its
 the same knob from Blasteriods with the molded Atari logo). >>

     I worked in 2 arcades in 1981-82, while the "Tempest Boom" was in full
swing. At one point, my boss had 4 in the arcade at once. These were brand
new machines, just out of the box. I remeber 2 had the "non skirted" knob,
just like in my MH kit for Gravitar/SD.
     These were the only 2 machines I remeber seeing with the "no skirt"
knob at that time, but they were this way new from the factory. I remeber
certain players prefered the beveled knob, and certain ones liked the skirt.