Re: Asteroids sounds

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.com>
Date: Fri Apr 23 1999 - 12:07:19 EDT

At 11:27 AM 4/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, jason Milsom wrote:
>
>> My Asteroids doesn't make the do,do.....do,do...do,do,, (Jaws theme?)
>> sounds. Just a slight clicking where the sounds should be. All the other
>> sounds work fine.
>
>Check the caps. The sound effects are all analog circuits, Most of those
>loose caps int he upper right to center of the board have to do with sound
>circuits. Check for ones that have come loose, or broken off.
>
>-Chris

>Chris Candreva -- chris@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
>WestNet Internet Services of Westchester
>http://www.westnet.com/

Also, get a copy of the schematics and you will see the little
circuits clearly marked there. This will allow you to reduce your
search area to just that little sub-circuit.

-Chris M.

--
Christopher V. Moore -- Principal Engineeer
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891 -- www.heartlab.com