RE: Tempest Multigame, Clay's website...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 13:43:51 EDT

> You mean like a color Asteroids type game? Maybe maybe?

That would be project #2. ;-) (I'm going to look at porting the
Asteroids code to Tempest hardware. I actually think it should work
without too much hassle as long as there isn't anything horribly sneaky
for how they deal with DVG memory. Should be interesting. I might use
Deluxe instead 'cause it uses POKEY for most sounds which is an easier
port for Tempest...)

> Is the new game one that you coded Clay, or might this be from D.B., I
> mean,
> that anonymous person who doesn't exist who didn't write the new
> Tempest
> tubes? Or somebody else?

This is actually something I've been writing for the last week or so.
Kinda-of a "getting to know you" project with the Tempest hardware.
(I've found that it's best if I write a fully functional but relatively
"simple" game for some new hardware before I try the "real" project on
it. Let's me find the "gotchas" before getting too far into something.)

-Clay