Re: Something to Bookmark

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 13:44:16 EDT

On Mon, 10 May 1999 08:31:06 -0700, Ray Ghanbari <ray@Agouron.COM> wrote:

>John St.Clair wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm really really leery about putting
>> this page up publically. Anyone else think I should just bag it?
>

>Don't put it up.
>
>Suggest a page detailing why it is dangerous as hell to even poke around
>a monitor (of any kind).
>
>Insist people have a TV repairman do the discharge for them. That way
>they can learn by watching.
>
>This is asking for trouble (remember the bell curve...for every Stephen
>Hawking, there is a Homer Simpson)
>
>Ray

It must hurt a bit, but it's not guaranteed death to be hit with the discharge
from a picture tube.

There was a jock in my electronics class that used to show off by discharging
TV's by holding one hand to the chassis and using the other to slip a piece of
wire under the HV cap. What an idiot! But hey he did get a bit of attention!

His best act was going next door to the auto shop and grabbing the ignition coil
(also with a wire of something under the cap) and holding on until the car
stalled.

Pretty damned funny to watch! He only did the car thing a couple of times and
while he laughed afterwards you can tell he was visibly shaken, he couldn't be
talked into it anymore, well, after the *second* time.

This guy wasn't even on the bell curve, he was hangin' on somewhere near the end
of the clapper!

And to think he got dates in high school and I didn't have a girl friend until I
was twenty!

But hey I'm not bitter! NOOOOO!!! I'm sure he's having a helluva good time
pumping gas at an ARCO station for tips! (A little gas for you, a little sniff
for me!) HA! HA! HA! HA! Yeah! Laugh up now funny boy! Want to stall my
engine while pumping that gas! HA HA HA HA!!!

Damn! Twenty years of therapy all thrown away in one email! Who says the net
is a good place??!?

-Zonn (giggling manically in the corner of the room in a fetal position)

(For those who don't know me: The story of the jock is true. The bitterness is
made up -- well for the most part... hee hee hee... :^D )