Re: Casters on games

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 13:45:29 EDT

On Wed, 12 May 1999, James G Watt wrote:

> I don't know about Centipede but my MarbleMadness is 327lb and atari
> describe that as a revolutionary light weight design.

That's what I was 'afraid' of. Four 100 lb wheels it is. Thanks all.

As for teflon sliders -- I thought about that. My basement is (or will be)
industrial tile, but I have to take the games out to the garage sometimes,
which is standard garage concrete. Teflon might be good just in the
basement, but I felt it would get destroyed moving outside.

Incidently -- the reason for all this is a bit of insanity on my part. My
basment was formerly 'finished' with plywood walls on a 2"x4" frame. Killed
almost a foot around the permiter, with a 2 foot soffit at the ceiling
covering a steam pipe. I decided to tear it down, refinish the concrete, fix
up a piece of fieldstone foundation for show, and paint everything else --
all to gain a foot around to fit more games in.

The last step is having the floor done. It has an industrial tile floor
glued right to the concrete. It WAS a good floor, but it wasn't taken care
of by previous owners and is now broken off in some areas. Dragging games
hasn't helped any. Plus I have to clear out the whole room for the new floor
to go down -- so this seemed like a good time to put everything on wheels to
get it out to the garage and back.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/