Re: CVSD Data Sheets

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 18:02:12 EDT

At 03:49 PM 5/21/99 -0600, Jess wrote:

>> > Anyone here happen to have a data sheet for the Continuously-Variable
>> > Slope Delta Modulators used for game speech? They were manufactured by
>> > both Harris (PN HC-55536) and Motorola (MC-3417). Neither of their web
>> > sites have any data sheets so I figured someone here might have an
>> > idea
>> > or two?? I don't believe that ANY vector games used these, so sorry
>> > for the
>> > list 'noise' but the collective knowledge on this list is so *immense*
>> > it
>> > seems. :-)

Not noise at all, Jess. It turns out that there WAS (is) one vector game
that used the Motorola MC3417 and MC3418. Exidy's Top Gunner used
these, which makes sense after seeing Al's mention of Exidy's other
shooter games. There don't you feel better now ;-)

David Fish | "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA | You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.net | By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com | _The Prisoner_