Re: CVSD

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Sat May 22 1999 - 13:53:08 EDT

> >Im writing some MAME drivers for pinball hardware so that I can get the
> >software written for my homebuilt pinball machine. :-)
> Thanks Jess, for the code snippet, I think I know why the sound is "crappy".
> I believe Retrocade uses samples based on my non-realtime emulation.

It pre-decodes the individual sounds before it runs, so effectively it
makes the samples when it starts. But there's no .WAV file created.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. '88 Turbo, '93 R-1, Piston free since 1987. Life begins
ICQ # 29402898 at 8000RPMs and continues until you blow an apex seal.