Re: Battlezone CPOs

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 20:35:49 EDT

>> This printer can print silver, and it looks great. The cool thing is
>> that it
>> can also print chrome.
>>
>I'd be pretty impressed if it could "print" in real chrome... Have you
>seen the chrome output? Is it a continuous "mirror" like surface or is
>it actually like a metallic ink that looks like a metal-flake?
>Interesting... (If it was the cutter I could understand having a chrome
>laminate for doing cars and signs and whatnot.)

The chrome appears solid and continuous. I think this machine uses some sort
of thermal film transfer. Any color film can be run through it, including
chrome. It isn't quite as nice as the chrome on a fully restored '53 Vette,
but it's still pretty good.

The art is just about finished. I'll get some better quotes soon.

-roy-